Autoresponders are automated emails that are directly connected to members being added to a list inside your JangoMail account.
After creating the list inside of JangoMail, you can create different Autoresponders that will automatically be sent to new list members based on specific time intervals.
Setting up Autoresponders
Creating Autoresponders involves several steps.
- Create the list you will use.
- Create the email message that will be sent.
- Setup the Autoresponder.
- Test the Autoresponder.
Step 1: Create the list to be used with your Autoresponder
- Navigate to the Lists section.
- Click New List.
- Type in a name for the list and then click the Save button.
Step 2: Create the email messages for your Autoresponder
- Navigate to the Messages section.
- Click the New Message icon and choose how you would like to create your message.
- Click the From tab, enter a Display Name and From Address that represents your organization.
- Leave the To Lists tab set to no lists selected.
- Type in a subject line and the content of the message and Save.
You can then add a Tag, to help identify your Autoresponders in Messages.
Step 3: Setup the Autoresponder
- Go to the Automations section.
- Select the Autoresponder tab (this is the default).
- Click the New Autoresponder button.
- Choose the Name, List, Message, and sending schedule for your Autoresponder.
Autoresponder Name: This is the label you will give your Autoresponder. You will only see this in your account.
List: Select the list you have created in Step 1.
Message to Automatically Send: Select the email message that you have created in Step 2.
Send Autoresponder at: Schedule when you want the Autoresponder to send.
- Relative to Join Time - This will send the Autoresponder based on when your recipient was added to the list.
- Exact Time - This will send the Autoresponder at an exact time each day, to anyone who was added to the list in the last 24 hours.
Step 4: Test your Autoresponder
- Go to the List you used for the Autoresponder. You can do this by clicking the list name on the Autoresponder page.
- Click the Add New Member icon.
- Check to see that the email has sent to you, on the time intervals you have setup.
Need help with adding new members to your list in JangoMail?
Adding members to your list can be done in several ways. Find more details on these ways below.
- Create an Opt In Form
- Import a list in the Account
- Import a list by FTP
- Import a list, or singular member by API
What is the difference between Autoresponders and Recurring Messages?
Autoresponders are sent based on the join time for a member in your list. (Such as welcome emails when joining a list.)
Recurring Messages are sent based on a scheduled date and time, to an entire list or a segment of your list. (Such as Automated monthly Account Balance emails.)
|Check out our other great Automation, scheduling, and message features!|