This article is primarily a how-to. For more information on the benefits of Master and Subaccounts, see this page.
JangoMail Master and Subaccounts allow you to set up and manage multiple user accounts underneath a primary JangoMail account. Each subaccount has a unique username, password, and (optional) FROM domain. All can be managed by the administrator of the master account and each subaccount can be individually managed by a specific user.
The account settings such as header/footer and unsubscribe list can be unique to each subaccount or can use the master account's settings. The master account administrator maintains complete control in setting up and monitoring these parameters for each subaccount.
Once a subaccount is set up, contact lists or database connections, email marketing campaigns or transactional sending, files, and reporting can then be maintained separately from other subaccounts. The subaccount can be managed either directly through the subaccount login or through the master account. This simplifies management and organization of multiple email campaigns for various customers, departments, or organizations.
Billing is flexible with this setup. By default, the email usage for all accounts is combined and billed to the master for a reduced per email rate. If you have a need for the subaccounts to be billed separately, this can be requested by contacting Support.
How to create Subaccounts
*Note: This tutorial assumes you have already been made a Master account by contacting JangoMail's sales and/or support team.
1. Log into the master account
2. Go to Settings > Account > Subaccounts
4. Click CREATE A NEW SUBACCOUNT
5. Specify the new subaccount's Username, Password, and From-Address Domain (optional).
You can select which settings to enable or disable for the subaccount:
- From Domain: click from domain to specify or change default from domain
- Feed content from the master account
- Lock the content of this subaccount against changes
- Note: If you would like to lock the From Address/From Domain, contact Support
- Use the master account's Unsubscribes
- Use the subaccount's Unsubscribes (in the master account)
To allow the subaccount to function essentially as a separate account, set all settings to NO.
Subaccounts can also be created via JangoMail API. For more information on what is available with the API, visit the API homepage.